Ministry of Economy and Finance
The project “Support to regionalization” aims at improving the institutional conditions for effective and participatory regional development.
It supports Tunisian partners in the creation of structures and mechanisms that support regional development based on the region’s development needs, allowing the involvement of different regional actors and contributing to the reduction of regional development gaps. At the regional level, the project helps to promote dialogue on regional development, initiate cooperation and test regional planning instruments such as the Regional Environmental and Sustainable Development Plans/PREDD.
The objectives assigned to the PREDD elaboration process are largely achieved insofar as this experience has made it possible both to experiment a participatory approach to regional planning leading to the elaboration of a strategic framework for the development of the regions concerned, to strengthen the capacities of the actors of the region in participatory planning and to contribute to the renewal of the country’s regional planning approaches.
– Mobilization of ten teams of consultants meeting the requirements of TDRs designed to the development of the ten five-year plans
– The organization and taking charge of the field work missions of the ten teams of consultants.
– Organization, moderation and management of the workshops (4 per workshop) governorate). These workshops should be organized according to an acceptable standard in terms of logistics, and technical organization.
– The taking of contact and mobilization of partners to be involved in the different steps in the process of developing five-year plans.
– The documentation of the process of elaboration of the Regional Plans through a follow-up workshops and the development of a CD with all the information from the workshops. workshop documentation (PowerPoint, proceedings, lists of participants…), testimonials and media coverage.
– The development of a summary evaluation report of the plan development process, with a focus on lessons learned at draw from the experience of developing the plan for each region.
– Regular reporting to the ICZM according to established agreements.