Ministry of Industry and Investment Promotion (MIPI)
Since 2004, the privatization process in Algeria has been undergoing a new dynamic characterized by the strong will of the State to accelerate its implementation.
The present market is part of a wider framework of a Program of Assistance to Industrial Restructuring and Privatization.
The objective of this technical assistance is to make an effective contribution to the privatization program, as well as to the strengthening of the institutional and environmental framework.
The results to be achieved are four in number:
– Proposal of an approach and a working methodology,
– Providing the specialized technical assistance team with skills that meet the standards of efficiency and integrity of the profession,
– Availability in due time and at the required level of efficiency of the skills required to carry out short term punctual missions,
– Provision of the support and personnel necessary for the proper functioning of the specialized technical assistance team and the experts on short-term missions throughout the duration of the intervention.
In order to achieve this objective, communication experts were also made available to analyze the communication policy, the means of communication used and the overall communication policy practiced by the companies.
– Studies and analysis of the market situation:
market constitution, geographical breakdown of production and consumption, main players with their market shares.
– Impact study of the WTO agreements.
– Proposal of a general specification of privatization.
– Diagnosis of the existing (legal, land, commercial, industrial, quality, environmental, financial, vis-à-vis privatization).
– Establishment of Business Plan.
– Valuation of the patrimonial and economic value of the companies.
– Call for expressions of interest, Establishment of a list of potential national buyers or/and international.